Maybe this is your first time doing a daily reading from the Bible. It’s good to begin the day or anytime during the day, just to take time out and slow down.
Here are some handy hints to help.
- Start by asking God to show you something from what you are about to read.
- Read the passage from a newer translation. We recommend the NIV or ESV, but The Message can be a good place to start. You can get all those online for free from https://www.biblegateway.com
- Take your time go over it a few times like you are chewing some food.
- It can be helpful to find a commentary which explains the text more, (for instance the FaithLife Study Bible is a free app available on apple or android) but its not essential.
- Is there something it says about God, the world or yourself?
- Thank God for what you have learnt and take the thought into the rest of the day
Hope this has helped as a place to start.
Rev Matt Taylor